Monday, March 14, 2011

Shenzhen, China

This past weekend I went to Shenzhen, China! It was actually my second time visiting. I went a couple weeks back for two nights, but didn't blog because I didn't take any pictures hahah. This time, I went with a group of girls that I have grown close to on exchange and had a great time! And being as girly as we are, we took lots of pictures. Perfff for a blog entry. Note that this entry is not too long after the last post :)

We arrived in Shenzhen pretty late, around 8PM. Once there, we planned on grabbing dinner and then going to Karaoke. Oh my goodness, the taxi drivers in Shenzhen are CRAZY. There is no order in the way they drive. People cross the road whenever they feel like it, and the cab drivers maneuver around them, and not in a cautious way. I don't think traffic lanes have a purpose at all! I was sitting in the front seat of the taxi cursing the entire way to the Karaoke place. Scariest taxi ride ever.

The restaurant we ended up eating at was interesting. It was called Cosplay Cafe. It was an anime bookstore and restaurant. So, you go in, choose the anime books you want to read, and then sit and eat while you read your comic books. Sweet deal for anime readers!


The waitresses were also dressed super cute like anime characters (see above). I was craving western food, so I ordered spaghetti and cheesy meatsauce. Yum. 

Then, it was Karaoke time at this place called Kbox! We rocked out to 90's jams like "Barbie Girl" and "Oops I did it Again" and to more recent songs like Rihanna's "Take a Bow," Gaga's "Alejandro," and lots more! It was so much fun singing with my girls.


After Karaoke, being the girly girls we are, we went to Queen Spa. It was a 24-hour spa. All you can eat mango ice cream, lychee jello things, fruit, vegetables, and soda and tea. With a 90 minute massage and a place to stay the night, I paid less than 35 USD. Crazy!

In the spa, you were required to wear their pajamas, which look like prison clothes! No joke, they really do. Pictures were forbidden, but we sneakily snapped a few anyways :)

After the spa, we went to a theme park called "Window of the World," which was pretty cool. It had replicas of all the world wonders. We got there kind of late, but still had a great time even though most of the rides were closed. We also got to go snow tubing for less than 2 US dollars! So awesome.
USA!!!
Africa? LOL


We went on a boat ride around New York! hahah. Also cost less than 2 USD!

Native Americans? So, America I think hahah. 

The Alps! We got to go snow tubing and explore this icy wonderland for as long as we wanted. So cool!
When we got back outside, my camera was fogging up because we went from the freezing cold ice room back into the warm weather. It was annoying, but made for some neat camera effects. 
When the park closed, there was a fireworks show beside the Eiffel Tower in "France."


This was the subway station. So pretty! We were so tired on the way back home. This creepy man wanted to take a picture with us. At first we thought he was offering to take a picture of us because we were looking for someone to help us out. Then, he walked over to the spot and was asking his friends to take the picture. We ran away. We got back to school at 11PM and were all super exhausted. Good weekend!

The real travels begin on Wednesday. I will be flying to Taiwan Wednesday evening and coming back in the late afternoon on Sunday. I'm excited, it should be a fun trip! I will definitely be blogging about that after. Until then, friends and fam.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your new life in Hong Kong. I wanna go. Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina When do you go to school?

    Uncle Isaac

    ReplyDelete