Thursday, January 20, 2011

Arrival

"Thank you for choosing Delta Air Lines. Approximate flight time from Detroit to Hong Kong is 15 hours and 18 minutes."

What a long plane ride! It was actually a pretty pleasant trip. I was the only person seated in my row, so I got to lay across the entire three seats and sleep, which I did for most of the ride.




It was pretty neat to see something completely different every time I looked out the tiny airplane window.

So, I arrived at the airport. Not knowing anything about anything, I saw someone in airport uniform and asked them for directions to baggage claim, in English. Mistake number one. She looked at me when I approached her but as soon as I started speaking English she looked away and started walking. Then, I asked her the same thing in Cantonese. She turned around, looking very surprised and pointed in the right direction.

Of course as soon as I start walking I see a huge sign saying "BAGGAGE CLAIM -->"
Typical me.

After finally getting through the gate, I met my great uncle, who came to pick me up at the airport. We went to a little cafe to eat and I got to meet my uncle (his son) and my great aunt.  Food here is delicious. Now, I am staying at my uncle's house until I go exploring tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. Have a ton of fun! It seems like you are having a lot fun from the very beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous you had an entire row to yourself! I hope I have the same luck next weekend. Have fun exploring tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHHAHABAHHAHA You're so silly, you took pictures of water bottles, you would. Miss you. Can't wait to hear about tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that food looks amazing and your plane pictures are gorgeous. america misses you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am having a great time, thanks everyone! And Connie, yes I would. hahah

    ReplyDelete