Thursday, January 20, 2011

Detroit!

After a seemingly unending amount of packing, I finally left for Washington Reagan National Airport where I caught a flight to Detroit, Michigan.  Now that I am here, I have some time to kill. Of course there is no free wifi, so why not write my first blog entry! (Ha, Lauren, bet you weren’t expecting me to start so promptly ;) hehe)

The airport in Detroit was more interesting than I expected. As I made my way towards gate A54, I walked through a long tunnel with crazy flashing lights and twilight zone-like music. It reminded me of a scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Then, there was this water fountain that kept me entertained for a little while.  There is also a red subway-train thing running through the airport, but I haven’t figured out where to go to get on it, haha. I just see it zooming past every five minutes.

The airport scenery didn’t keep me entertained for long, though. I guess it’s kind of nice to be able to sit and think about what I have in store for me in Hong Kong. My nerves are finally dwindling to make room for some excitement: can't wait to explore.

There goes the train again. 

Well there is not much more to write for now, I’ll blog again when I get to the destination this blog was meant for. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment